Recently I wanted to create a content box that would use tabs to organize a few sections of text. Here were my requirements:
- Tabs oriented vertically (you can easily customize my example to be horizontal)
- HTML be semantic, logical and gracefully degrade
- Be easily accessible to screen readers
- Easy to implement and portable
- Works in IE, Firefox & Safari
I started by looking on the web for pre-existing examples of this and found a lot of things that worked well, but when you looked under the hood they were a mess.
Continue reading Creating a Semantic Tab Box — Without AJAX